About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is David McDonald and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Secondary Education with concentration in Social Sciences. I have coached football and soccer at Murphy High School the past three years and hope to teach there after I graduate.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Week 7 Blog Post

This Is How We Dream
This was an outstanding video. Some of the things that were talked about blew me away. It is true that the way we research has changed a lot over time. As a student, when I write a research paper or looking for information on a subject I immediately go online instead of a library. Miller nailed it on the head when he said that this was not a fundamental change but an incremental change.

As of right now I do not feel as if I am prepared to write with multimedia, but as I go forth in my path to become a teacher classes like edm 310 and others will help me to able to do so. Writing with multimedia is a must with this culture that has become so auditory and visually driven. Just listening to someone lecture is not enough anymore. As I become a teacher I hope to write using multimedia as well as see my future students do so.

The Networked Student
This video was not only entertaining with its creativity but also great for me to refer to while I create my own personal learning network. It provided me with many different ways of how I can use different resources I can use to learn new things and create a personal learning network that will help me throughout my learning and teaching career.

As for the question, "Does the networking student even need a teacher?" the answer is yes. This video did a good job in explaining why. This fact is most obvious in my edm 310 class. With all the learning I have done in the past seven weeks I know it would be nearly impossible without a teacher. The teacher develops and molds the networking student and gives them guidance. A student cannot truly and successfully network without the teacher to help them along the way

Comments4Kids
I commented on the Melville Intermediate School blog's video in which the students were doing a worm transfer. I liked how they were having fun while still learning and how everything was hands on.

1 comment:

  1. Listening to lectures is no longer enough, you are very right. We need to see or experience the lectures. Multimedia is perfect blend of seeing and hearing and, if done right, can be more fun than just learning.

    ReplyDelete