About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is David McDonald and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Secondary Education with concentration in Social Sciences. I have coached football and soccer at Murphy High School the past three years and hope to teach there after I graduate.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Week 5 Blog Post

Wikipedia
As to agreement as many others I also find wikipedia very unreliable. You can basically change anything and everything you want to about someone or something. Every time I am supposed to write a research paper I always hear the words from my teacher, "Do not use wikipedia as a source". The site is great for getting quick info on something but at the end of the day take everything you read from there with a grain of salt.

This has seem to become a big problem with major companies. Now anytime that something bad is written about the company, it simply goes on wikipedia and deletes the post and changes it to something positive. Wikipedia has now become just some big joke.

"What I've Learned This Year"
I found this article not only informative but very helpful. As a future teacher I can use this article to better myself. One of the most important things I got out of reading this post was in the title. Be positive. Being positive is really key in teaching, especially for a first year teacher. I am sure that first year for me will be a little overwhelming and tough at times but if I stay positive things will be so much more simple and less stressful. I have really learned a lot from this article and I plan on referring back to it during my first year of teaching.

2 comments:

  1. David,
    You did a great job on your blogs. I agree that changes should be made to Wikipedia. Wikipedia can be a useful site, but its not a reliable source. Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the site was very helpful and I think I'll definitely refer back to it during my first year of teaching. i thought his ideas about communication were the most important.

    ReplyDelete