About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is David McDonald and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Secondary Education with concentration in Social Sciences. I have coached football and soccer at Murphy High School the past three years and hope to teach there after I graduate.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Week 6 Blog Post

Dr. Alice Christie's Site
This is a great website and has a plethora of information for teachers and future teachers. I think sites like this help students like me in becoming a good teacher. Dr. Christie provides great resources on how to use technology in the classroom. As I become a teacher I will refer to this website and others like it to create a better learning environment for my students.

One section of Dr. Christie's site that I found very useful was the one on information literacy. It is a slideshow presentation and provided me with information that not only did i not know but info that I can apply to my future classroom to maximize my student's learning experience. It is former teachers like Dr. Christie that help pave and smooth the path for future students like myself.

iTunes U
Once again Apple has taken another leap in technology. As technology in the classroom grows more and more important the creation of iTunes U helps further the development of technology. It allows users to access lectures from some of the most prestigious universities in the nation. This can be very helpful for both teachers and students.

The availability of lectures from the top schools is very important to me. I have learned that the classroom is not only a learning experience for not only students but also for teachers. As I prepare to become a teacher I know there are so many things I do not know. When I become a teacher and I need to learn more about a certain subject to successfully teach my students I can log on to iTunes U and learn everything I need to know.




2 comments:

  1. Dr. Christie is one of many good resources that we can tap into when building our PLN's. You will see and have seen so many great educators nd their knowledge is invaluable for future educators as well as current ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part about this post is that you said the learning is not just for students, but for the teachers as well. I think we as teachers must never cease being students - students of methods and students of life in general. Well said!

    ReplyDelete